The Admissions Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a credentialed student at The Master’s Institute. The next step is to fill out the application information. We only have 15 FTE openings for the Fall registration.
Application form – Request an application by calling MI at 651-765-9756, or emailing email@example.com
- Complete the application and writing sample electronically
- Send any transcripts you have earned
- Return the application before July 1st (before May 1st for early tuition reduction)
- Send 4 reference forms to the people on the last page of the application.
- The completed reference forms are sent directly to MI by mail or email
After MI receives the Application and the four References, the applicant will meet with a representative of MI for an interview. The Master’s Institute will initiate the interview at the mutual convenience of applicant and MI representative. (Where distance prohibits an on-site interview, other arrangements may be made.)
If an Acceptance to MI packet is sent to you:
- Sign and return the Intent to Attend form
- Sign and return the Disclosure Release form
- Include the first tuition installment (see tuition policy – 75% refundable)
- Include your student fees of $200
A background check will be completed after we receive the Disclosure form.
The student must complete the MMPI and Myers Briggs testing before school starts.
You are required to attend the pre-requisite classes the week of Aug 29, 2016 and the Fall Kick-off retreat on Sept 7-9, 2016.
May God bless you as you continue hearing from the Lord on your journey. We are available to discuss any questions you may have. Applications will be kept on file for two years.
MI Seminary is Open to:
- College graduates who want to change the world for Christ
- Second-career leaders who feel called to make a difference for Christ (previous degree may not be necessary)
- Leaders who want to pastor, plant churches, be missionaries, or vitalize an existing church or organization.
Can I transfer credits?
Credit from other graduate level schools may qualify to be transferred. They are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Do I need a college degree?
Younger students are encouraged to complete their college degree before applying. Second-career people who sense God leading them into some form of ministry and who demonstrate Christian maturity and leadership are welcome to apply with MI whether or not they have a college degree. Equivalencies for life experiences, leadership, and Christian service are considered.